Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hand in Hand

Are you waiting on God for something right now? Perhaps, it is an answer to a specific prayer or clarity on His direction. Maybe you already know what you need to do, and are now waiting on His timing. That can be hard at times.

Being in ministry has made me realize that God has a definite plan for me and with His plan comes His perfect timing. At times I am anxious and want to go ahead of Him. Other times, I am fearful or uncertain and delay my obedience to Him. The best way I have learned to follow Him is to walk with Him "hand in hand." I do that by being in daily relationship with Him. As long as I am holding onto His hand, I can feel His gentle tug to slow down or His tightening pull to move forward.

Lately, I confess that I have been feeling a bit anxious and I hear Him telling me, "Be patient." At the same time, I can picture a big grin on His face letting me know something GREAT is coming just around the corner. Well, I don't know if you are like me, but patience is NOT my best virtue! However, I'm learning. Learning to wait on my God and trust His timing. I know He has everything worked out for my good even when I don't see it and He knows exactly when it will come to pass.

The daily relationship of seeking Him in prayer and His word allows me to be able to hear and recognize His voice. Do you recognize when He speaks to you?

"The gatekeeper opens the gate for him (the true Shepherd), and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out....they follow him because they know his voice. They won’t follow a stranger..." John 10:2-5a (NLT)

He knows you by name and knows exactly how to lead you. Walk hand in hand with Him daily and trust His timing. He will give you what you need including patience to wait or courage to move forward. Believe that He has something great for you around the corner as you choose to walk with Him. He is grinning at you from ear to ear!

No comments:

Post a Comment