Friday, August 14, 2009

The Conception of a Dream

PhotobucketFor years I knew that God wanted me to write a book. It was one of those dreams that was in me but it wasn't very pressing. I knew that someday, somehow, someway, God would give me more direction. Well, last year after our Corpus Christi Living the Life Women's Conference, the book idea was birthed from my message. The dream was conceived. I now knew what I was to write about!

As with any pregnancy, there is a nine month preparation period. Well, since last year's conference, life has been very busy and crazy (as it always is!), but with determined vigor and focused efforts, I made myself sit down and write. I'll be honest with you, it wasn't easy. At times I was so tired that I wondered whether I had anything good to say. At other times, I felt like I didn't have words at all. However, when it is GOD who conceives something in you, that dream comes from Him and so does the inspiration and motivation to bring it to pass. I endured my trying trimesters and kept on writing.

Due to unexpected life circumstances, it delayed me writing my book by my deadline. It was now mid June and as a result, I had to find a different editor and publisher FAST, not to mention additional monies! I was beside myself. I just prayed and asked God for His intervention. I was amazed at how within a two day period, God provided EVERYTHING I needed. Yes, within two days!! I received it as God's divine provision and affirmation that my book was His will and more than that, His message.

I now pause to ask, "So what about you? Has God conceived something in you?" I pray that the Lord will give you clarity, strength, determination and provision to help you bring it to fruition. Don't give up on your dreams! Yes, life throws us curve balls and we may be detoured or delayed, but choose to be determined and focused as you trust Him who gave you the dream to begin with. After all, it is still His dream. He just chose you to be the carrier. He is the one who brings it to pass!

Well, I'm eight months pregnant with "Living it Up! Four Lifestyle Keys to Help You Live the Life Jesus Came to Give" and my baby will soon be birthed in September. I'm a happy and blessed momma to be!! My greatest desire and prayer is that my book will help countless of believers (or even nonbelievers!) to grow in their personal relationship with God and live the life Jesus came to give in greater measure.

My prayer for you is that God will continue to develop in you His dream (or dreams) and that the pregnancy process will birth His destiny in your life in amazing ways! AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment