Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Best Card Ever!

I want to encourage all of you parents who wonder if your faith in God and your efforts to pour Christ into your children make a difference. Perhaps you feel like you're dragging your children to church or at times see them roll their eyes when you bring up God. Stand and believe God's promise in Acts 16:31 which says, "They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household." (NIV)

Continue to be faithful because God's word does not return back to Him void. How do I know? Well, it was my hubby's birthday a few weeks and my oldest son Jalen who is 8 years old made him a birthday card. There was nothing fancy about the card. Just a black marker on white paper. I don't know if that's because he's a boy and not into the frilly fun stuff or more than likely, these items were just easily accessible to him. I saw him hand my hubby his homemade card and then a BIG smile came to my honey's face as he told him, "Thanks buddy. That was awesome." When I read it, I almost cried....and here's why:



This card so blessed me. I thanked God for the growing understanding my son has of who Christ is and who we are in Him. The words that we speak to him, the prayers we pray together, the support of our church's children ministry and our example are making a difference.

Maybe your kids are older or even out of the house, but God's promise is still the same. Continue to believe - be and live - your relationship with God in front of them and sow God's word in love. Your efforts will be rewarded!

1 comment:

  1. This blessed me to read. I want to see the Light in my children as they mature in Him as well. I remember writing my dad notes in his bday cards, etc. and always giving credit to God. No matter how the child(ren) act, an upbringing in Christ, is with them forever. Never too early to teach either. I currently sing "Jesus loves me" and "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..something about that name" to my one week old baby girl. :) The actions of our children regarding Jesus Christ, blesses not only us, but ultimately blesses the Lord to no end. Thanks for sharing this. ~Deborah Castillo

    ReplyDelete