Monday, March 22, 2010

Thou Shalt Laugh

This is one of my all time favorite pictures of my boys. It displays their fun and playful attitudes. I can honestly say that there is NEVER a dull moment in the Roots household with these two kiddos. I love to hear them laugh and giggle. I am reminded if my kids' laughter brings me joy, how much more would my laughter bring God joy? Proverbs 17:22 (NLT) which says, "A cheerful heart is good medicine but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength."

Seeing my kids play and laugh takes me back to when I was growing up. My cousins and I used to play all kinds of silly games and run around my grandfather's house till we wore each other out. Now, we're all grown up and have families of our own. It seems that as we get older and have to become responsible adults that life takes on a serious tone, which it should, but I believe only to an extent. I say that because as a parent, I want my two boys to become capable adults one day who will take care of themselves (and hopefully pay their own bills!). However, I also know that life is sweetest when it's NOT all work and no play.

Remember, joy is the second fruit of the Spirit named only after love. (Galatians 5:22) God wants you to enjoy your relationship with Him and live above the worry, fear, doubt and anxiety that often sap your strength and your joy. Ask the Lord to restore to you the joy of your salvation and the joy of loving your life. Choose to laugh and laugh often.

Tip: Do something FUN this week with your family. Go play in the park, take a walk on the beach, watch a funny movie or simply blow bubbles! I've never seen anyone blow bubbles with a frown on their face. Don't be surprised if you find yourself giggling.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment